Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Scoring some points...

A friend of my mother-in-law's had sent on a website site Zulily.com.... basically it's like Gilt Groupe but for baby gear. Anyway, she sent it onto me because they had the stroller I wanted on there for $300 off (just like Gilt Groupe the sales last for a limited time and quantities are also limited).... I know, you're thinking shouldn't the stroller itself be $300 or less... believe me, the sticker shock with some of this stuff is unreal. But there it was in all it's glory... the exact model and color at a "steal" of a price.

So, on Thursday the sale went live and I had through the weekend until Monday to pull the trigger... Or so I thought...Thursday evening John and I had a brief conversation about it.... as in he was walking out the door and I was walking in the door, and he asked "did you look the stroller?" And I had yet to check it out. So, after looking at it online that night I decided this deal was probably too good to pass up,  although, I felt like I needed to get the "green light" from John beforehand, so I held off assuming John and I would chat about it over the weekend.

Fast forward to the following morning at work. John sent me a message on gchat....
John: "So did you order the stroller?"
Me: "No, I was waiting for you to give me the ok."
John: "Well it now says the silver mica color is sold out."
Me: "WHAT?! Are you kidding me, it said we had until Monday, I never thought it would run out!! Oh I'm so pissed, I am seriously going to cry."
John: "Let's just get the red one then."
Me: "No, I don't want the red! I want the silver! I am so mad...Why didn't you just tell me to buy it last night?!" (Hey, my nickname as a kid wasn't Varouca for nothing, and I have the excuse that my hormones are raging).

At this point I frantically started emailing the customer service on the website and trying to figure out how I was going to get my hands on the silver stroller. An hour or so passed without any word from the Zulily site.  Clearly they do not care about me and my raging hormones. I had all but given up hope as I sat at my desk pouting.  With that John forwarded me an order confirmation email from zulily.com for the silver stroller! I have no idea how he did it, and he isn't sharing his secret, but that's alright because I GOT IT... I guess all that practice from buying stuff on sites like Steep & Cheap paid off.  At the risk of sounding slighly schmoopy (gag)... He completely made my day! He for sure got some points for this one.
Then the following day the bed and dresser arrived! Thanks to the help of John, my sister, and Todd it made it up the 2 flights of stairs and John put the crib together before I even had to ask! Apparently he's more handy than I thought... add another point to the John McGarry tally for the week.



And now the nursery is well underway!  The walls were painted last week (see below) and the crib and dresser are put in place.




I included a few close-up shots of the dresser and crib... I have to admit I was REALLY impressed with the quality of the furniture (check out that dovetailing on the drawers, boyah!). And yes, as you can see Boomer is waiting for the baby to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment