Monday, October 24, 2011

Sympathy Gains...

Studies have shown that expectant fathers gain weight throughout their partner's pregnant. They often refer to it as a "sympathy gain." According to this New York Times article the average weight gained by the father during the 9 months of pregnancy is 14 lbs. Woah, woah, woah, put down the chips and ice cream dad!! What I found equally funny is that, unlike the mothers, the dad's don't try to lose it afterwards.

I can't say that John is showing any real sympathy signs of weight gain thus far (despite his continued beer drinking)... but there is someone in our household who I can't say the same thing for.....




I think it's safe to say that it is time for a little vet check-up for the Boom-man. I'd hate to hold a measuring tape that backside. Oink!

No comments:

Post a Comment