Sunday, October 2, 2011

Seven Year Itch

....Or is it the 7th inning stretch?
Well, given my expanding stomach I think this year is causing some itching and stretching. Regardless, John and I blew through any old sayings, and happily celebrated our 7th year wedding anniversary. I'm telling you, time has FLOWN. How was this day 7 years ago (see below) ?!?!

I cannot believe we have been married for 7 years (which means we've been together as a couple for 13...holy crap). This year in particular we have a lot to celebrate and still a lot to look forward to! I feel so fortunate that John and I had so many years with just the two of us together living our dreams and getting to enjoy just our time together. And now, it's the perfect time to start the next chapter in our lives as we start a family!

To celebrate we went to a nice steak dinner with all the fixings. We embarrassingly ate EVERYTHING on our plates. No joke, polished it all off with no left overs to spare. Don't we look stuffed in the picture above? :)

John also surprised me with not one, but 2 little blue boxes! Um, yes please. He said one "One is for the anniversary and one is an early push present, since your 30th birthday and the baby's birthday will both in January, so I'm spreading out the gifts." No complaints here!

We do make it difficult in the McG family by stacking all of our holidays/gift-giving events one month after the next. Oct, anniversary. Nov, John's B'day. Dec, Christmas. Jan, my B'day (and soon to be baby's), Feb, V-day. Makes spring and summer a lot less expensive, but we do bring the party for several months in a row.

Ok, and now for our mom's viewing pleasure... here is a bump pic from after dinner. As John took the picture he was like "Well, you're not going to like this, you hate these pictures." Tis true, but I'm sucking it up. However, I refuse to do anything that involves me pulling my top up and showing off my bare stomach - sorry to girls who do that sort of thing, but it in't happening here. I'm a modest Mormon, remember. Maybe I'll wear something a little more form fitted next time though, so you can really see how big the bump is.

I'm at 25 weeks... so really that's like 6 months! The baby is growing away, and according to my baby center updates he's longer than an ear of corn! Based on my last ultra sound where they told me he is in the 99th percentile for height, I bet he is even longer. I am feeling him kick and move around a lot more now. It's crazy. I really notice it when I'm sitting at my desk for awhile or when I'm sitting watching tv. I've been feeling good still, and I go to the doctor tomorrow on Monday for a check-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment