Monday, August 29, 2011

Who are these old wives? And are they legit?

I have to tell ya, I'm a little perplexed about where these theories come from on if you're having a boy or a girl...seem a bit suspicious. But I figured what the heck before I find out for real tomorrow... let's see if there is any truth in what these wives have to say....

Sleep Position
Pay attention to which way you lay down in bed tonight. If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you’ll have a boy. Right side? You're pregnant with a girl.
Well this is actually interesting, I used to ALWAYS sleep on my right side, but since getting pregnant I have actually found that I sleep on my left too. I usually start on my right side though.

Upset Stomach
Little girls aren’t always sweet. Extreme nausea means you are having a daughter.
Nope, haven't been sick.

Adult Acne
If altering hormones makes your skin break out, expect a girl.
No pizza face here (thank god).

Face Weight Gain

If your face gets fuller, it means you’re having a girl. Not yet, but I am convinced it's inevitable that I'm going to have a full-moon face by the end of this.

Mood Changes
If you’re experiencing pregnant mood swings, expect a baby girl to arrive soon. I'm going to go ahead and give myself a little pat on my back here, I really don't think I've had any sort of mood swings or extreme personality shift. I'm sure my inner Satan will show up around month 8.

High or Low Pregnant Belly
If you’re carrying the baby low on your stomach, expect a boy. If it’s high, you’re having a girl.
Hard to say at this point, but it seems lower.

Baby Weight
If you’re carrying the baby in front, it’s a boy. Is the baby weight spaced all around your middle? I
t’s a girl. I think it's spaced around the middle. Like I said I have more of the chubs look versus the "ding" prego belly.

Pendulum Test
Dangle a chain with a charm over your palm. It swings back and forth: boy. In a circle: girl.
Back and forth.

Even and Odd Numbers
If your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it’s girl. One even and one odd means a boy.
29 and 2011.... both odd.

Baby’s Heartbeat
If the baby’s heart beats more than 140 times per minute, you’re pregnant with a girl. Less than 140, it’s a boy.
151 heartbeat at the 16 week ultra sound.

So If I take a tally of the questions I answered above... the wives say I'm having a boy
(6 to 4). We'll know soon enough....

However, the Asians believe I'm having a girl... see the Chinese Pregnancy Calendar. FYI, I'm 29 and convinced in April. If they are right, I have to admit I'm thankful we're not actually in China.

So let's see who's correct tomorrow.... it's "the wives" versus the Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment