Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Guess What... IT'S A.....

BOY!

Woohoo!! So the majority of you out there along with the Chinese were wrong! Some* of those "wives" were right, but I certainly wouldn't trust them either.
Baby McG wasn't quite so modest today... literally within a few seconds of starting the ultrasound I spotted something between his legs, and there was no doubt that we are in fact having a boy. It was quite a long ultrasound...they literally check everything from each vertebrae, to the valves of the heart, length of each bone, etc. It is honestly incredible what all they can see on the ultrasound. Baby McG measured in the 99th percentile for height... holy crap!! Apparently, the kid takes after his tall mama. The doctor said it's going to be ok for delivery because his long legs will just "shoot right out" and his head is measuring totally average - I think I'll be the judge of that, but I'm hoping she is right.

So long story short, we can all sleep tonight knowing that the McGarry name will live on (it was all on John being that he is the only boy in his family left to carry on the name). It's feeling more real now that we know what it is. I am so excited to get going on the room and John will likely be busy planning his career in sports and buying awful Rockies baby clothing and Dinger stuffed animals that I will have to hide/throw away.

I'll post more pictures of the ultrasound when I have a moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment