Monday, September 12, 2011

Pain in the a$$



Quite literally. For weeks my biggest complaint would have to be that my sciatic nerve is KILLING me. The sciatic nerve is one of the biggest nerves in your body and it runs from the lower back all the way down the leg. Well because of how the baby has been positioned right on my nerve every time I move my left leg I have felt like I'm getting stabbed in the left buttcheek. Sometimes when I go to re-adjust in a chair or God forbid get up out of the car I feel a horrible shooting/piercing pain. I'm not being dramatic, the pain is honestly debilitating.

My doctor said it's a common problem associated with pregnancy, and there is really little you can do about it except deal (of course not). Her only suggestion was doing some stretch where I pull my leg up above my head (which she had me demonstrate to her in a dress at my last appointment, lovely). I've been doing my stretch with little to no improvement and after dancing the night away at Meggie's wedding on Saturday I was beyond limping on Sunday morning. In fact I got up many times during the night to stand up because I couldn't even move in my sleep without wanting to die it hurt so bad. All day Sunday I was the most miserable I've been with the nerve. And then yesterday something happened....

HE MOVED!!!!

Yesterday at work when sitting at my desk I could feel him moving around a lot, which I am honestly just starting to feel. But yesterday it was pretty obvious to me that, that was what I was feeling. Then a few mintues later when I cautiously got up to get something from the copier I was stunned that it wasn't painful. He must of moved his butt off my nerve finally, and for the moment I feel like a brand new person. I am really, really hoping he doesn't go back to sitting where he was although I have a feeling this is going to be short lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment