Monday, June 20, 2011

The swimmers have success!

Let's be honest, we've all had our concerns considering the swimmers have spent an entire summer on a bike peddling across the entire country, but we have success! It's official, bambino McG is cooking away and will be here around Janurary 18th! This is surely going to be the best birthday ever- and thank God because I was really dreading the whole 3-0 thing- but this has completely change my outlook.

Since both our families are out of town as well as a good chunk of friends, we figured this was the best way to keep everyone up-to-date on the going's on of the pregnancy... My family has real issues with facebook TMI and people posting photos of ultrasounds and belly pics on there, so I promise I won't be that person on fb. Instead I'm keeping all the info on this lovely blog that only those (ah hem, you) who were personally emailed the address can keep up with all the details.

So let's answer the questions (in order) I'm usually asked when someone finds out I'm expecting...

1. Oh my gosh, when are you due?! How far along are you? January 18th, 2012,
making me a about mid-way through the 4th month (and yes, counting down every day)

2. Were you planning this? Well let's put it this way, we weren't preventing it. We knew that we'd likely start a family in the next year or so, so we took the let's just see what happens approach. It happened quickly, so clearly it was meant to be.

3. How are you feeling? Pretty darn good. I've been tired, but aside from that I have been pretty lucky that I've been feeling well.

4. So, are you planning to find out the sex of the baby? Yes. John really wants to, I was on the fence, but he sure as hell isn't going to know if I don't, so WE will be finding out.

5. Wait, when can you find out what it is? 20 weeks is when my doctor does it. So the appointment is scheduled for Aug. 30th.

6. Do you have names picked out? Not really. Feel free to submit your ideas because I'm finding the whole name thing pretty difficult, and John has had one dreadful suggestion after the next.


7. Are you taking time off work when you have the baby? Yes, I get 3 months and you better believe I'm taking it. I will be returning full time after that, so if you have any good recommendations on day care I'm all ears. My mom would prefer her grand-baby doesn't go to "one of those places where they line all the crying baby's up."

And here's our little Bambino McG's first photoshoot at 8 weeks.... (they were already able to detect the heartbeat at this appointment even though the baby looks like a peanut!)






No comments:

Post a Comment